The women business plan competition aims to stimulate and unleash the spirit of entrepreneurship and innovation among aspiring and existing entrepreneurs with ideas that contribute to their personal economic benefit, towards developing their communities, and the well-being of Libya.
Titled STEP FORWARD, the 2018 competition is organised by Libya Economic Empowerment Programme in partnership with SLEIDSE (a programme funded by the European Union and implemented by Expertise France)
This year, women and teams lead by women are challenged to conceive a new service or product offering, and then create a business plan and concept presentation aimed at convincing potential investors to finance the business, as well as a chance to win over thirty thousand Libyan Dinar in prizes. Further benefits of participation in the competition induce:
- access to LEE’s online Business Training Platform, and a Certificate of Achievement.
- experience creating a business model and writing a business plan.
- familiarity with market research and the process of conducting feasibility studies.
- feedback from a jury of business managers, academics, and Libyan entrepreneurs.
- opportunity to sharpen organisational and communication skills.
- opportunity to build new business relationships and strengthen business networks.
The Registration window is now open !
Those intending to enter the competition must submit their basic Business Concept Application for review and evaluation by Sunday, 25th March 2018, 04:00 pm.
More information on the competition can be found on our MEDA LIBYA Facebook page.